In the map, in RED the areas where fishing is not allowed, in BLUE the area of the new special regulation.
Lake Bilancino’s especially clean water is the perfect habitat for different fishes: carp, crucian carp, chub, black bass, and pike. There is also the presence of barbell, trout, and minnow, which come directly from the many streams that flow into the lake, as well as eel, tench, catfish, and bass. To maintain a certain natural equilibrium, and allow the fish to repopulate, fishing is not allowed everywhere on lake.
NEWS 2017 "Recreational fishing": to fish on the lake you need a fishing permission licence and a dalily/yearly special licence for payment, as following the new the rules and regulations of the lake, provided by the Regione Toscana. Many fishing techniques are used. Deep fishing is appropriate for carp, while "English style" and “roubaisienne” styles are perfect for chub. Different rods, offer different fishing experiences: the Bologna style fishing rod, or the long fixed model, or the shorter rods for fishing "alborelle" (fresh water fish). Spinning is widely used for black bass and pike, while fly-fishing is best used where the streams meet and flow into the lake. Belly boat fishing is allowed, as is fishing from a row boat or boat with an electric motor.
The new rules for fishing in Lake Bilancino
In 2017 Regione Toscana has changed the rules for fishing on Lake Bilancino.
(Click here to discover the new"Bilancino fishing laws and regulations")
- Licence for payment ( free for 12 years old, € 10,00 daily, € 50,00 yearly) released by many shops and offices ( click here for the address of places where you can buy this licence)
- A general fishing permission license
- No kill (obligation of immediate re-entry into the water) for the species: pike, tench, brown trout;wels catfish and catfish are excluded.
- To use fish alive or dead, or any part thereof, as bait
- Fishing from a boat or donut, you must maintain a distance of at least 50 meters from whether a bank
- Fishing is allowed from 1 hour before sunrise till 1 hour before sunset.
To know more you can directly contact the REGIONE TOSCANA - UFFICIO CACCIA E PESCA (Office of Fishing): Via Manzoni 16, Florence - tel. 055 4383836 - 055 4382513