San Piero a Sieve
In the historical centre, we find St. Pietro Parish Church.
The parish priest from 1482 to 1529 was Leonardo di Bernardo de’ Medici, Bishop of Forlì; his family’s coats of arms still hang above the main door.
It is thanks only to the Medici family’s patronage that the splendid baptismal font (1508) in glazed polychrome terracotta representing the life of St John the Baptist by Della Robbia ornates this church.
On the main altar we can admire a wooden Crucifix by Raffaello di Montelupo.
In the presbytery, which includes a splendid 16thcentury hall, we can admire numerous priceless works of art.
Just before reaching San Piero a Sieve, a narrow dirt road on the left leads us to one of the most ancient Tuscan convents: Bosco ai Frati Convent.